Old aged, constipation problem, frequent urination. Nerve in neck stressed. Operation can be done?

hi sir , to my father problem is when he go to toilet motion not came easily, when he went motion that motion is like stones there is no water content in that, 15 min once he want to go urine pass and also he had Knee pain , back pain from long time, pain in all parts in his body, when we admit him to hospital. The doctor told me there is one nerve in neck is stressed , so operation required . my father age is 65 yrs in this age operation required or not please help me sir,
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013