Old aged. Cracking, popping noises in one ear, dark red brown wax came out, progressive hear loss. What should i do?

A couple of months ago I had the flu . After the flu resolved, I had lots of cracking and popping noises in one ear. After a month of that, a dried blood clot fell out of the ear. Softer dark redbrown waxy debris came out of the other ear at almost the same time. I bought a ear vac. I used this a day ago (about 3 weeks after the debris came out). Now my ears ache and I have tinnitis. What do you think. Please don t tell me to go to a doctor. How can I treat this myself, or should I just ignore it? I m 61 and have had progressive hearing loss for many ears. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013