Oily and uneven skin. Mild tinea versicolor condition all over body. How do u get a healthy skin?

Hi I m 17 years old, and (African American female) and ever since puberty , my skin has become pretty oily. I don t know if it has anything to do with what I m about to tell you, but lately I ve noticed that my skin tone is a lot more uneven.I haven t gotten a chance to go to the dermatologist , but I ve come to the conclusion that I may have a mild tinea versicolor condition all over my body and a bit on my face. I now this can be treated with dandruff shampoo but I m not sure what to do about my face. I ve continued using neutrogena s salycic acid cleanser (even though I don t have any severe acne issues just a few pimples at certain times). It just helps keep my face clean. but I don t know if this is enough. I really don t want to be prescribed a bunch of creams and ointments that will not work. we just don t have the money for that. But I m really getting self conscious about my skin. And I m now notcing little black dots, I m guessing they re just blackheads but it snot necessarily a pimple. It could alos be little beauty marks forming, because my mother and gradmother have many mole and such. And I also notciced more closely that a sudden mole (looks harmless) had formed surrounded by splotchy lighter skin, which i now know is halo nevus (thanks to google). I think I ve notcied it n my back as well.and I no that treatment is not necessary unless it seems cancerous, but now I m just really self conscious about my skin. I look at some other girls my age, and there skin looks pretty good, considering our teens years and all those hormonla imbalances. I m just very frustrated, b/c even though other people aren t notcing it, I m kind of getting a bit depressed by my skin. Thre;s only so much makeup can do. I want healthy natural skin. Is thre anything I can do until I get a chance to see a doctor about this? I really don t want to slow my life down, b/c of skin insecurities, I m already stressed about school already. I really want to get out and have fun this summer, not stay home and feel sorry for my self. Please help!!! thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012