Off birth control to conceive. Light bleeding after sex. Is that pregnancy sign?

Hi, I ve come off my pill to start trying for a baby. It s been 2 weeks since I came off my pill. I had my period which dinished a week back. I have been sexually active with my partner. I started bleeding slightly again yesterday and wanted to know if this is normal? I decided to put a tampon and when I pulled it out there was only slight spotting of blood but I aldo noticed a very faint light green colour. What does this all mean? Could I be pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Mar 2016

Blunt trauma during sex, pelvic infection, cervical polyp, old endometrial tissue, etc are the other possible causes of bleeding after sex.

Withdrawal effect of birth control pill and hormonal imbalance may cause light bleeding or spotting as you stop taking them 2 weeks ago. As you finished your period 1 wk ago, then pregnancy is quite unlike in this case.

If bleeding does not stop automatically within 3-4 days, then you must consult with your gynecologist for pelvic examination and next line management.

You can take tranexamic acid group of medication to arrest bleeding for temporary purpose. Maintain genital hygiene. Good luck.