Off birth control. Missing periods, not pregnant. Advised to use soy milk and soy nuts. What's wrong?

I recently few months ago got off the birth control pills after being on them for about 8 to 10 years.......I since then I am missing a period...I am not pregnant, have tested and seen the doctor since. Even had an ultrasound to double check. I weigh 112 pounds and am abput 5.5. Doctor suggested to use soy milk as well as soy nuts to see if extra estrogen would help trigger my period. I have told the doctor that I run a lot, and eat healthy, and do not eat a lot of meat, my concern was that I may be too lean to have a period? what could be potential causes for not having a period? anything I could do to trigger a period?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
The absence of periods after stopping the birth control pills is a normal finding. The periods will return to normal in few weeks.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,