Odd feeling in chest, irregular heart beat. Horrid slouch to spine. Treatment?

Hello, my name is Scott and I am 19, almost 20 old. I have a very odd feeling in the middle of my chest and sometimes my heart feels as if it is either skipping or changing to an irregular beat. This is extremely worrying me. It also beats alot harder at times and is very uncomfortable. What can be causing these issues? I have a horrid slouch to my spine, if that helps? I smoke about a half pack of ciggarettes a day and drink on the weekends.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
HI
Than k for asking to HCM
You are just 19 years old and smoking a lot not at all good for your health, the first possibility in your case is nicotine, the nicotine is such agent that greatly alter the heart rhythm, otherwise any underlying heart diseases is less likely, still you have to go for EKG test to confirm this, but first you immediately quit the smoking and watch for wrong going after quitting the smoking, if it becomes alright then just do nothing, take care , have good day.