Occasionally see flashes on either side of eyes even after closing eyes, shoulder stiffness, neck ache. Cause?

Hi Doctors... I sometimes see flashes at either sides of my eyes. General practice Doctor suspected it was retinal detachment . But after got it checked by eye specialist it was not the case. He wasked me to check woth my gp again as I might be having a symtom of migrane . I realized that I can t tell if the flashes occurs to gejter with a headache. But sometomes I do get tension headaches-i was diagnosed years back by nuerologist. Was not having any issies after changing my lifestyle by sleepimg on time. I also noticed that i get the flashes even when eyes are closed. I also suffer from stiff shoulders, neckache and lower back aches due to minor slipdisc which I was asked to do only physiotherapy ... just wanted to know what is the cause of the flashes and how to recover if it is too dangerous.Also to note that I got tension headacjes due to stress and frequent nightmares .
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013