Occasional sharp pain in scrotum with burning sensation on skin. Why is it ?

Hi, doctor, I have an occasional sharp pain in my scrotum . It is like a piercing pain with burning sensation on the skin. It only lasts less than a minute. I first found this few weekes ago. The day before yesterday night, I had the pain again and I was waken up. Last night I have the sharp pain again then followed by a few times with less pain which was not sharp. This morning I had the sharp pain 3 times. From afternoon till bed time, I had no sharp pain but felt little bit uncomfortable in my scrotum. Can you help me explain and provide some advice?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013