Occasional meth user, yellow discharge in eyes, red, abscess developed, painful. Reason?

My fiancé is an occasional meth user and he's been having thick yellow discharge in his eyes. I'm really worried because he'll pick all the goop out with q-tips and his eyes get ridiculously red, but the one time i convinced him to stop picking he ended up in the hospital because he had developed an abscess because his tear ducts were so clogged up. We've been to the doctor on multiple occasions and they always say pink eye but no one in the house contracts it ever. What could the discharge be? It's very painful for him until he scoops it out.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history you have provided here that your fiance is having recurrent redness of the eyes and once he had abscess involving the tear ducts. These indicate that your fiance is having inflammation of lacrimal sac along the tear drainage area called as chronic dacryocystitis with recurrent exacerberations.

The consition requires treatment by antibiotic eye drops and main treatment is by surgery to releive the obstruction. Hence I advice you to consult eye doctor for treatment.

Thank you