Occasional itching in ear, problems in hearing, blocked ears. What could be this?

I have occasional itching in my ear, usually on the Right, it also sometimes feels blocked and I have to push my finger against the flap (sorry not technical term) and move vigoursly to relieve the feeling. I occasionally feel like my hearing is not as good as it should be, I miss what people are saying in crowds/ on the phone sometimes. Could this be related?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

I have gone through your description. The itch is a common symptom and could be due to many reasons including wax, habit, allergy, infection and other causes. The occasional blocking of ears could also be due to various reasons including wax and sometime eustachian tube issues. The hard of hearing issue could seems related to nerve (and hence not related to your above symptoms) as you miss what people are saying in crowds etc . All of these depends on multiple factors including age and there body conditions.

It is advisable for you to visit an ENT specialist for a thorough examination.

sreenivasan