Occasional hard thumping in heart when resting or doing sedentary work. Anything to worry ?

for the past week or so i have noticed that on occassion my heart thumps extremely hard. when it does i feel it in my throat and across my left collar bone and into my shoulder . at times it is hard enough to, for a very short time take my breath away. when i exercise my heart appears to be fine but it is generally when i am resting or working my sendintary job that i notice it. should i have it looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012