Occasional cramping after putting Irena iud, red clear mucus discharge. Reasons ?

I had the Irena iud put in about five weeks ago. I had what I thought was a menstruation two weeks ago and ever since getting the iud I feel occasional cramping. About two weeks ago I started having a light brown mucus discharge that I assumed was old endometrial lining my body was getting rid of. I have never spotted in my pope and about a week ago I started having a red/clear mucus discharge and I now have to useE a tampon all the ttime. I m concerned because I haven t officially had sex but I have fooled around. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012