Occasional burning in esophagus only when swallowing, please help

I am occasionally getting a burning sensation in my lower throat , when I eat certain foods. It is not heart burn as it only burns while the food is going down. As soon as the food hits my chest about heart level the burning stops. It only happens with some foods. I first noticed this several years ago when I ate a McDonalds hamburger, I assumed it was something in their meat and have never had another one. In the last 2 weeks, it has started to happen at about 3 meals a week it seems to be most common when I eat red meats but has happened with pasta and salad also.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011