Occasional blood spots on pillow, waking up with migraine. What could be the cause?

I occasionally have a few spots of blood on my pillow when I wake up, but can t find a source. No itching, so bedbugs don t seem likely. The only other thing that happened this AM, besides the blood dots, is that I woke up with a migraine on the left side of my head, and I sleep on my left side, & blood spots are where my head would have bee in that position. I don t know if there any connection. These spots have only appeared every few months. What could cause this?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012