Observed red rash on the back of neck, around the elbow and wrist. Any ideas?

Hi, I broke out yesterday with small little bumps, not but 2- 3 in one area, with a red rash around it. It's all on the back of my neck, my arms around the elbow and wrist leading to my hands, and this morning I woke up with more red rash lines about 3 inches long. I went to the ER last night but the DR. thought it was just a contact allergic reaction. Nothing in my routine changed yesterday at the start of this outbreak. Do you know what it might be becasue the treatment the DR gave me last night didn't help at all.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013