Oblique longitudinal tear in the body and posterior horn of the medial meniscus. Scheduled for knee surgery. Should I go for it?

I am going for a knee surgery wednesday for oblique longitudial tear in the body and posterior horn of the medial meniscus , i guess a incearsed singal in the proximal acl , near the femoral attachment. I am wandering if i should have it done? i am 55 yrs old, the doc said the other knee had the cartlige removed 33 yrs ago and to do injections till it needs replaced. I also have a double fusion in the neck c5;c6;c7. I am having alot of head pain from that for the last yr. What do you think about the knee surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013