Obesity and liidemia in legs, elephant feet, increased pain, morganella infection. Suggessions for cure?

I have a friend who is morbidly obese and now has lipidemia in both legs. His feet look like elephant feet. He wears jeans most of the time. The problem is his jeans appearto be way too tight on his calves of his legs, restricting his movement and probably increasing the pain. I have known other acquaintances who have lipidemia but not as severly as my friend. It is obviously painful for him to walk. Should he wear less restricting clothes because they would be more comfortable? I don t want to suggest something that would be harmful in any way. He also has a Morganella infection on one of his legs for the 2nd timesince 6/12. He is currently hospitalized on IV antibiotics . THANX!
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012