Obese woman, heart beats loud, shortness of breath. What is it?

Hello Dear Doctor, And many thanks in advance for your time and support. I m a 43 years old, currently obese woman (103 kg), height 165 cm with no other known medical conditions. It s about 3 months I can hear my heart beat loud in my left year (only) when lying down on bed, and happens more and for longer if I lie down on my belly to read! now, it s couple of days I have shortness of breath as well which again worsens if I lie down. had some disturbed heart beats today too. I d appreciate your kind advice.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013