Obese since diabetes. What work outs and diet control can help win situation?

I am 67 years and have always been slim. Now after 6 years with Diabetes 2, I am obese ( 81 Kilogram to 162 cm) I carefully follow the diabetec diet , eat very little fat, no white bread, no white rice/pasta etc. and I keep putting on more and more weight. I walk for 2 hours every day, I do not drive at all, walk to shop, to visit and am really careful with what I consume. No alcohol issues, but now diagnosed with a fatty liver . This really really bothers me as I am also a Mother of an only 15 year old son. How can I change this situation, including reducing the weight and the fatty liver issue.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012