Obese finding difficult to stand due to pain in the ankles and calf. Swollen splotchy ankles. Is there a circulation problem?

I am obese, 340lbs. I just recently returned to work force after 8 mos, I m OUT-OF-SHAPE. After working 4 hours (lots of walking&standing) my calves & ankles became tight, swollen, and splotchy, & painful to touch, painfull to stand. I took lunch & used a bag of ice on my legs. The question is.... is this a circulation problem I should be worrying about? Is there a name for this? I have 5 more shifts to work, can I work them or is this dangerous?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
General Surgeon 's  Response could be varicose veins or early dvt...better get a doppler usg of the leg and show to a surgeon for proper evaluation and management...

Dr. Ashish Verma