Obese female with hypertension and diabetes. Low fasting sugar. Could this be due to calcium channel blocker? Have ankle swelling

I am 52 year old female with obesity, htn and dm. I started 1-1-13 with a low fat vegan diet and exercise for 45 minutes 3-5 days per week. I have lost about 20 lbs. I stopped my Janumet because my fasting blood sugar was too low (69 -79). I have a history of great swelling of left lower leg, ankle and foot. I think it is partially related to the calcium channel blocker I take. I believe part of it is also from an old trauma to left foot. My blood pressure on medication has now been running about 121/75. I want to stop taking my calcim channel blocker because I believe it has contributed to my left lower leg, foot and ankle swelling. Please tell me how to safely com off the amlodipine/benazepril.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013