Nuvaring stopped. Started taking pills. Have pregnancy symptoms with weight gain. Chances?

So I was on the Nuvaring for over a year but then my insurance changed. So i was switched to a 21 day pill , with seven placebo pills. I am not on my fourth pack of the birth control pills. I skipped my period two months in a row on purpose- continuing on with a new pack instead of the placebo pills. It was a stressful time for me and I wasnt sexual active at the time. So after finishing the third pack, I continued it out. During the third pack, I had a boyfriend for a little while, we were sexual active and practiced safe sex . Now I am over a week late on my period, almost two, I took a pregnancy test and it came negative. I havent gained any weight or had any early pregnancy symtoms. If i were at all pregnant, i would be the earliest-two to three weeks pregnant. I think the possiblity of pregnancy is slim, but skipping my period this month, is that normal?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012