Numbness, tingling in head, arms and back. Feeling faint

My head feels strange, I get what feels like an electrical shock through my head, face, tongue , lips , chest arms and lower back then it goes numb and tingly for a minute. It happens if I turn my head or move too quickly. When it hits my chest it feels like my heart skips a few beats and I have to catch my breath. I feel like I will pass out.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Jun 2015
Hello dear,

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Any pathology in the vestibular apparatus in inner ear (it is associated with maintenance of body posture & balance)
2. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels (such as Postural Hypotension)
3. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
4. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Meanwhile, maintain adequate hydration, take a healthy balanced diet & avoid stress.
Also, take precautions of not making sudden movements of the head and get up from bed slowly.

Wishing a good health.