Numbness, tingling, erectile dysfunction. History of herniated disc and sciatica. Will MRI detect multiple sclerosis?

My boyfriend was having back problems from what his dr told him a year ago was herniated disc and sciatica . Last week he started complaining about having numbness and tingling and then erectile dysfunction . We took him to e.r. they did an MRI and back exam and didn t see the herniated disc and told him he was otherwise healthy to follow up with neurologist. He can t get an appointment for 3 weeks and is now panicking thinking that the has developed multiple sclerosis . I think he s panicking and having breathing problems. Wouldn t multiple sclerosis be detected on the MRI?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012