Numbness, pain and spasm in the shoulder and upper back. Fatty tumor in the shoulder blade. On steroid shots. Need to be removed?

I have what I believe its called a fatty tumor on my shoulder blade. I saw my family doctor 3 years ago he said its harmless since it does not hurt. Also at the same time I noticed this tumor growing I have been experiencing numbness, sore, spasm and tingling feeling on my neck and shoulders and upper back. I saw a neurologist he requested an MRI on my neck and did nerve test. My nerves are fine and MRI shows I only have bulge on my neck. He recommended steroid shots or zanaflex. i opted for zanaflex. But I am still annoyed with the numbness and tingling and tension causing headaches so I started seeing a chiropractor for 6 months. Then yesterday i noticed my fatty tumor has grown so I researched and learned about neural fibrolipoma - could this be whats causing the numbness and tingling. I tried scheduling an appt with a general surgeon to maybe get it removed, they told me I needed to see and Ortho. The ortho wont schedule until they get my records from the Neurologist. Is there anything else I need to be doing differently? I want the tumor removed.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013