Numbness in toes, tingling sensation in arms and hands. Was suffering with whiplash after accident. Are they related?

Hi there, I was in a car accident on friday. I was fine at the time but a few days later began pain and soreness in my shoulders and neck , I went to the doctors and was told I have whiplash. I ve since noticed my two big toes have gone numb, and I have a tingling (and sometimes stinging) sensation in my hands and arms. Is this related to the whiplash? Or am I just being paranoid? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012