Numbness in toes, sore hips. Family history of diabetes. Concerned

I have noticed, a couple times a week, after driving to work in the morning, or home in the afternoon, my big toes (both) will feel numb for several minutes. Sometimes the sensation is also in my right heel (use my right foot to press gas and brake). I ve also had soreness in my hip region, on the lower (butt) area. I ve had a chiropractor stretch this area, which was very painful. I ve tried stretching myself, but the sensations and soreness seem to still occur semi-regularly. At times the toes feel cold as well. My grandmother had diabetes, so I ve always been concerned about this. Two years ago, out of pure curiosity, I had my glucose level checked, and it appeared fine. But I might not had fasted long enough for the test to be accurate.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013