Numbness in toes, arms, legs and upper lip. Could this from a spinal injury from past? Need MRI?

For the past year now my 2 big toes have been slightly numb, my arms and legs fall asleep really easily and recently I have noticed my upper lip going numb. I went to the doctor because I was worried I had a spine injury from a car accident I had, he had me get an EMG test on my legs and told me there was nothing wrong with me. But I m still worried, could it be more serious? Should I have have and MRI test?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013