Numbness in thumbs of both legs, injury in right leg, swelling on foot. Treatment options?

Thumbs of both my legs have gone numb since past 10 days apparently it so happened that I hit my right leg on the door stopper and my last finger got a cut underneath. I was working as usual but on third day there was bit swelling on the foot and I felt the numbness in my thumbs. The cut has healed swelling is gone but my thumbs are still numb.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013

Most probably the nerve passing by has been "traumatized' by the hitting and has "gone asleep". It will take some other days to "wake it up". Nerves need time to get their normal function after being damaged.

Keep on moving your thumbs frequently although numbness. Avoid exposing the thumbs to too hot or too cold water.

If no improvement within a week, consult neurologist for further evaluation.

All the best!