Numbness in throat, rusty or green coloured phlegm, presence of blood, tightness, infection, quit light smoking 2 months ago. Cure?

Half of my throat has been oddly numb for the past couple of months now. I wake up in the mornings and consistently have rusty or green colored phlegm , which is sometimes hard. Sometimes it s even streaked with blood . My throat often feels tight, like it s constricted. Now I noticed that the left side of the back of my throat looks different than the right, not color wise, but from the positioning. I m easily scared and neurotic, I ve been to multiple doctors and they all told me it was probably an infection that needed time to heal, but it s been about 4-5 months now. I was a very light smoker for about a year, but I quit about 2 months ago and still have symptoms.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012