Numbness in the upper body with pricking pain on getting hit on the neck followed by continuous pricking in arms. Earlier CT scan showed compressed disc. What is the cause?

hi my name is jesse, i have had some issues with my neck slash shoulders over the last year, after a ct scan and some other type of scan it seems i have 3 compressed discs in my neck. tonight i was playing rugby and i got hit in my neck and my whole upper body went numb then sharp pins and needles came. it has been 3 hours since the incident and i still have severe pins and needles in both hands and slighty down both forearms. have i just hit a nerve, should i wait till the morning to see if its still there or should i seek medical attention asap
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012