Numbness in the lower leg, difficulty in wiggling toes or foot. Was given nerve block above knee post ankle reconstruction surgery. Help?

I had ankle reconstructive surgery yesterday in which the doctor gave me a nerve blocker just above my knee . I know it is supposed to prevent feeling to my lower leg but is is supposed to cause paralysis in my foot too. I cannot wiggle my foot or toes. I was hoping this was a side affect but after reading other web pages I see all of pages talking about foot drop . I hope I am not getting ahead of myself. Thanks Jonathan
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012