Numbness in right thigh post delivery, pain in legs while working. Suggestions?

I am 27 years old.Its been 2 months since my delivery and I feel numbness in right upper thigh after c-section. The numb area is almost equal to my hand . I am a home maker (these days) and feel lot of stress on my legs while working. My doctor says its normal but I am worried as there are no signs of healing . Please suggest what can I do next?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I am agree with your doctor. It is called merallgia paraasthetica and this is due to nerve compression. It can occur after pregnancy too. I would recommend you avoid wear very tight clothing specially jeans. Make sure that there is no tight belt. Some time this nerve may need steroid injection also .