Numbness in left arm, stiffness in neck after driving. MRI shows protruded discs putting pressure on thecal sac. Advice?

Hello Dr. This is Rahul. I am a software engineer and used to drive almost 120 kms (to and fro) in day for work. Last week I felt little numbness in my left arm with stiffness in neck so visited Dr. and she advised for MRI . The report says that POSTERIOR PROTRUDED C4-5 AND C5-6 DISCS ARE NOTED SHOWING PRESSURE EFFECT ON THE THECAL SAC .” Dr. said this is mild and advised me some neck exercise, brisk walking for 30 minutes and Vit B1,B6,B12 capsules 3 times in a day. I d be greatful to you if you can advise me regarding this. Best Regards Rahul
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012