Numbness in hip and thigh. Had a lumbar discectomy. Severe pain after the surgery. Suggested the pain is due to bursitis. Wrong diagnosis?

I have had recent back surgery! 7 weeks ago to b exact! Two levels of lumbar discectomy! One at the L5-S1 area and the other at the L2- L3 area ! I was having a lot of problems on my right hip and thigh and numbness. Well after surgery it has transferred down to the left side and is excruciating pain at times! Tender to the touch but deep pain! I can t even walk the same ! Cant sleep on my left hip! Definitely Worse at night! My doctor is telling me that it is bursitis and gave me a cortisone shot a week ago! The pain is the same, numbness still there and still having problems with walking! these problem like this are starting to really concern me! Could it be from the surgery and he isn t diagnosiing it correct? Just worried! Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012