Numbness in hands and feet, falling asleep, high BP, severe tachycardia, atenolol, quit smoking

Hi. Recently, my hands and feet are going numb and it almost feels like they re falling asleep. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with high BP and severe tachycardia (resting rate between 120-140 s and reaching 160 s during NON-STRENUOUS activities) I was put on Atenolol to control both and I ve since had no real issues. I ve also quit smoking , reduced my stress levels, and become a little more over-weight due to steroids from a back injury a few months ago. I ve recently noticed that my BP has been a lot lower, in the 93/63 -103/68 range and a lower heart rate in the low 60 s.. normally between 62-65.. There is a lot going on health wise with my back etc, but I m mostly concerned about my hands and feet falling asleep/going numb. It even happens in my sleep! I have an abnormally large family and on both maternal and paternal sides have heart problems. My father had open heart surgery when he was 39, an uncle passed away at 43 of sudden heart attack, my grandmother has had numerous stents put in, my grandfather had a quad-bypass at 65. My father at 39 had a triple bypass and the other artery had a blockage that was not yet in need of any medical attention.. it was around 10% blocked (I believe).. among them, most of my family has some sort of heart problem. Considering my family history and the problems that I ve had at such a young age, I m worried that this feeling in my hands & feet could be from my BP being lower and not circulating enough blood to them or that it could be a problem with my heart.. Could this be the case? If not, what could it be? I wake up in the middle of the night with a numb arm or hand, and could be sitting on the couch and my feet go to sleep. I just know that it s not normal!
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012