Numbness in forearms, warm sensation in fingers, on going to sleep both hands go numb. Causes?

For quite a while now i have a pair of numbness problems with my arms, every time I lay my elbow over any surface for example my desk, I get a numbing sensation in my forearm that becomes a bit a worming sensation in my pinky finger . the other problem that has been bothering me for a long time now is that both my arms become numb when I go to sleep regardless of the position I take when trying to sleep.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012