Numbness in foot after taking Lovofloxacin. MRI normal. Prescribed Omnacortil. What is wrong?

Dear Doctor, I have a side effect of taking Lovofloxacin 500MG course. I have developed numbness on my right foot top & my big toe is not working in dorsiflex movement. I was fit & fine earlier & never had such problem. I have dome the MRI for my lower back but the doctor did not find anything of compression of nerve, tumor or cysts etc. Also there is nothing affecting my nerves from bone, muscle or ligament . I dont have diabetics. Everything seems to be in tact but it is been 15 days since I have this problem. I have been asked to take omnacortil 20 MG for 15 days & nerubion for a month to imrpove the situation. I dont know what could be wrong with me & what medication would get me back to normal.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013