Numbness in feet, was a smoking addict, family history of burning feet. Cause?

Both my feet feel numb but yet I can feel even in the toes. It is a tingling or numbness. My doctor ignors it when I ask him for a explaination. I had a grandmother that had burning in her feet expecially at night, my brother is complaining of the same thing now. I have an aunt that says she has pain in both feet and calls it neuropathy. I have been a smoker for 50 yrs but have stopped last year. Can you tell me what my disease is and tell me the progress of the disease you name. Thank You. - AAAAAAA
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012