Numbness in feet, swollen feet. Applied ice. Should I have it checked?

I was walking around on the hard tile in house yesterday. Then sat down sewing and started to feel numbness in ball of right foot . When I looked I was shocked to see ball of foot swollen and purple and blue,2inches around the ball. Do not recall hitting it at all. Large broken blood vesse is apparent. Now it s 24 hrs. Later and it still looks awful. I have stayed off feet with ice on it and elevated. I am 67 yr. old female without any health problems. Should I have this checked by dr. Susan Grolemund
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012