Numbness in arms, upper thighs, extreme thirst, feeling of fullness, nausea on eating. MS symptoms?

Hello, For some time now I get this sudden numbness in my arms which can last up to a couple of minutes. Sometimes I even get that feeling in my upper thighs. It used to happen rarely, but now it happens more and more often. In addition, I sometimes feel lightheaded which can last for some time. I drink a lot of water (I feel like my body is telling me I need it). I get full with smaller quantities of food than I used to. And often I feel nauseous after consuming food, where I never used to in the past. I am 40 years-old and I am a little worried about MS.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
MS (Multiple Sclerosis) definitely do not present / start this way all the time. Do not think of these unusual problems first. Do you have a family history of MS?

Sudden and brief numbness in the upper arms and thighs is not uncommon. If the episode is quite crippling then it warrants a complete neurological examination. You may need to undergo certain specific examination and nerve conduction tests. Autoimmune disease can start after a brief episode of GE too. So the diagnositic possibilities are varied with this description.

Meet a local physician first.