Numbness in arms during sleep, causing redness on back of arms

Hi, the past 4 years the backs of my arms have gone red and feel cold to the touch. The Dr says it s due to poor circulation and then didn t give me any further information. I have since noticed that my arms go numb and tingly whilst sleeping on them at night. (I generally sleep on my sides otherwise my back gets stiff) which wakes me and I have to turn over. Can you please give me some advice as it s progressively getting worse. I m 44, 153cm tall and have no medical conditions, I go to the gym 3 hours a week and I m always on the go...I have 2 very young girls. I am very slightly overweight and eat a balanced diet . Please help as it s also embarrassing. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011