Numbness in arm after eating Chinese food. Due to oil in food?

Hello, I m vegan, and sometimes, my lady will get take-out, which I ll dig in at, and usually what we get is oily Chinese food that is vegan. Anyways, I noticed tonight especially, my right arm started to feel like I had laid on it wrong too long... Like there was no blood in it, and I noticed the only thing bad I had eaten was all the oil in the Chinese food. Is that what caused my arm to go numb? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Hello user,
I dont think oil in Chinese food is connected to numbness in arm, as the oils in the food are digested by the enzymes in stomach, causing oil to disintegrate.

There might be another reason of the numbness of your hand, it might be due to some nerve weakness as you are vegan and vegans have reduced levels of certain vitamins in blood !! So you are advised to eat some vitamin supplements.

hope my info helped you
Dr Hari Om Chandrakar