Numbness and tingling in side. Had back fracture. Is this serious?

3 years ago i fractured a lower vertebre in my back. Roughly 3-4 months ago i started having numbness and tingling on my left side. In the last two months it has gotten worse. Now a single day doesn t go by with out severe tingling in right side. As I type this my right arm is almost completley numb. I have consulted my primary care doctor and he just prescribes me pain meds and that s it. What I am asking is, is this serious or should I just ignore it and deal with like I have been
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012