Numbness and swelling in shoulder after injury. Did I tear something?

Hi there, I was walking down a hill in the snow and slipped and I put my arm out to catch my fall but heard a crackling noise right before I hit the ground on my shoulder and side. I was numb at first, felt some swelling , and couldn t lift myself up. I managed to get inside and check my shoulder out. I can t move my arm to the side, I can t touch my opposite shoulder, hurts to lift it to touch my head...did I tear something? Theres no bruising as of yet but I can t afford a hospital bill if a visit isn t necessary. Is there a chance I ll be told to rest and take IB profen or is this possibly serious?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013