Numbing and tingling of the toes. Weakness in hands. Are these related?

Hi - for the last year I have had periods of my right toe being numb/tingly on the outside. It s like this for a few weeks then goes - no apparent injury to it. This started again last week, then today I woke and both hands felt funny (like when you wake, and hands take a while to wake up) but been like this all day. Feels like my grasp is weak, and when I clench my fist, feels funny arounf the knucle area. Do you think it could be related to the symptoms in my toe
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
The symptoms that you are having are neurological in nature. These can be related to a vitamin B 12 deficiency or an electrolyte imbalance in your body. You can start with the supplements and see if the symptoms improve.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal