Numb tingling spasm in left arm, spreading, its like electrical spasm. What can be done?

numb tingling spasm in left arm that wraps elbow to under my arm to middle of my back. certain positions of my arm will cause it to get worst and thumb , index and middle finger tingle most of the time. Also, can rub my upper chest next to neck and out toward shoulder and it causes the same electrical spasm feeling. its weird.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
It sounds although you have cervical radiculopathy.

Medication ( anti-inflammatory, neuromodulating ) and physiotherapy can be of benefit for this condition. If your symptoms persist then the diagnosis can be made by MRI scan. CT guided nerve root injection with cortisone can be of benefit. Surgical decompression is the last resort.