Numb spot just above left knee, feel a random twitching or vibration. What type of doctor I should go for?

I have a numb spot just above my left knee , also to the right of that area a feel a random twitching or vibration. Sometimes I think that my cell phone is on vibrate and then I realize that my phone is not in my pocket.. it doesn t matter if I m standing or sitting and seems to be happening a lot. just wondering what type of doctor I should go to?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
If this is bothering you, I suggest you need to see a neurologist to start with. The neurologist may wish to do nerve conduction studies and/or an MRI.
Dr K A Pottinger,