Numb arms with burning sensation, shooting pains in legs with occasional numbness. Cause?

ARMS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALSEEP BUT I FEELING IN THEM RIGHT ARM MORE AND BURNS LIKE. LEGS HAVE PAINS SHOOT FROM THIGH TO LOWER CALF EVEY NOW AND THEN AND THEY FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALSEEP SOME TIMES TO. WHEN I LAY IN BED OR ON COUCH I HAVE TO CHANGE SIDES BECAUSE IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG FOR MY ARMS AND SIDE OF LEGS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALSEEP?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

The numb and burning arm and leg that you are having are likely to be related to a nerve root compression at the level of cervical/ lumbar spine.

Other causes include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling sensations.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.