Now she has opened her eyes but not able to chew anything. Would you have idea what s the reason of this ?

Hi, My mother is 65 Years old. She is very week in health. Last week she suffered unconciousness for 3 days. Now she has opened her eyes but not able to chew anything. Swallowing water is also very difficult for her. She is not recognising People with her names. Although she remebers name very well. Would you have idea what s the reason of this. One thing I want to point out is that she is taking Alprex 5mg for 4-5 year daily one tablet for sleeping. when she went in uncounciousness last week Doctor had given her some 4-5 Injections. Now my Question is what specility doctor can treat her, what s the reason for this kind of illness, would she be required to be admitted inn hopital or just giving some medicines as OPD patient can work for her.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jun 2010